Sound Therapy Certification Training
Virtual - Online Format
This training introduces a wide range of techniques for anyone interested in learning how to facilitate a variety of soundscapes including individual or group sessions or workshops. These include sound baths, relaxation and wellness sessions, therapeutic sound voice work & voice-scapes. The program was developed to bring the healing qualities of sound to individuals, organizations, treatment facilities & health centres, particularly those focused on trauma, addiction and mental health recovery and end of life care.
This program introduces students to the unique techniques and system of sound therapy, drawing on both traditional and more modern systems of sound healing, that can be applied in a variety of settings (hospices, hospitals, addictions and mental health facilities, companies, organizations). This program is ideal for those working within the mental wellness and health fields, or for individuals seeking to add a modality of healing to their repertoire. *No prior musical training nor experience in Eastern Medicine is required.
Becoming a Sound Therapist
Canada's First Sound Therapy Program
This 4 month program combines sound therapy principles with Eastern Medicine, Mindfulness and Neuroscience in a curriculum that equips healthcare professionals, therapists, and those with an interest in wellness, with the tools to share sound as a form of wellness and healing.
Through a variety of tools – singing bowls, voice, mantra, drums, chimes, students first experience, then learn the techniques of soundwork. For those who have training in Acupuncture or bodywork – additional advanced techniques will be learned.
The program is available fully online with additional virtual sessions available for case study discussion and guidance (*when available/not mandatory).
- History and Introduction to Sound as Therapy/Healing
- Overview of various sound elements for healing – body & mind.
- Introduction to the Brain on Sound
- Introduction to basic Music Theory
- Incorporating Eastern theories: elements, organ sounds, constitutions
- Physical, Emotional, Mental effects of soundwork
- Introduction to Crystal Singing Bowls and various other instruments
- Sound & Voice baths, instruments and applications
- Therapeutic Relationship Skills & Trauma-Informed Care
- Introduction to the Therapeutic Voice, Toning
- Organ System Tones and their application
- The Journey of the Practitioner
- Demonstration & Practice of Various Therapies : Singing Bowls, Crystal Bowls, Chimes, Drums, Gong, Mantra, Poetry
- Sound for Emotional Wellness
- Acupressure points for therapeutic wellness
- Case Study Review
- Working in collaboration with sound therapists, health practitioners
- Soundscapes/sessions in the clinical setting
- Professional/Business Skills: tips on starting your practice/service, sound equipment/technology
- Access to online materials for one year
- *Students will leave with ability to begin sound baths for groups and individuals.
*No musical background required.
- 20 hour requirement of practice (including 20 case study/reflection submissions.
- Attend 2 public sound baths and 2 private sessions and submit reflection (virtual sessions accepted)
Certification & Tuition
Upon successful completion of virtual, online lessons, all required homework and practice sessions, students will receive a Certificate in Sound Therapy.
Full Program: $1200 + HST
Non-Certificate Route: $800 + HST (no case study requirement, no assignments, no live discussions)
"I learned so much more than how to use crystal bowls for healing. I learn the power of using my voice and intention as part of my own healing"
This has become my most favourite and effective therapies I use with my clients. It goes beyond talking and the mind and reaches the deepest levels of healing"
Meet the Team
Our Faculty consists of an amazing group of Sound Therapists, Voice Coaches, Eastern Medicine Practitioners.
- Certification -
- OVER -
A 3 month comprehensive training in the art & science of using tuning forks for wellness. Learn the foundations of this vibrational healing modality from theoretical principles to practical know how.
- Skilled -
Our co-creator has learned various systems of applying tuning forks for wellness and has combined them with experience to offer this in-depth and effective approach to tuning forks.
- Accessible -
With our hybrid - virtual class/online program, students locally and internationally can partake in this exciting training opportunity. The continued online access and mentorship provides the support needed to be successful in the program and beyond.
Vibration is at the heart of nature.
Becoming a Tuning Forks Therapist
This program combines tuning fork science and principles with Eastern Medicine, Mindfulness and practical experience in a curriculum that equips healthcare professionals, therapists, and those with an interest in wellness, with the tools to combine tuning forks with their current modalities, or use as a stand alone modality.
Virtual Online Classroom
3 online - zoom sessions (scheduled throughout the year - not mandatory - can join whenever offered for case study review)
- Art & Science of Sound
- Art & Science of Tuning Forks - how vibrations affect the body - Biofield research, Systems of Using Tuning Forks, unique approach - how are tuning forks used in world/globally
- Types of Tuning Forks
- Eastern Medicine Fundamentals: 5 Elements, Chakras, Meditation, Acupoints
- Spinal Sessions
- Vagus Nerve
- Perfect 5th - octave - how to simplify the practice
- Sound Connecting Brain - neuroscience of vibration
- Therapeutic Relationship Skills - Trauma-Informed Practice
- Protocols - specific reasons/intentions/imbalances
- Working with High forks and the Elements
- Chair sessions
- Tuning Forks for Self-Care
- Step by Step - How to offer a 45 minute session
- Tuning Forks combined with other modalities - meditation, yoga, acupuncture, massage.
Full Program Tuition: $600 + HST
Meet Your Instructors
Tuning Fork Therapist