“A hurt is at the centre of all addictive behaviours. The wound may not be as deep and the ache not as excruciating, and it may even be entirely hidden, but its there. As we'll see, the effects of early stress or adverse experiences directly shape both the psychology and the neurobiology of addiction in the brain.”
Learn the Art of Recovery Coaching Level 1 (includes FREE Level II, ethics, supervision). We will cover how to coach, make the transition from therapist to coach or start a new career. We offer coping skills, life skills, activities and tools to share in the coaching session. HIPPA, legal issues, and contracts all covered.
Family Recovery Coach
When a loved one goes to treatment there are limited services for the family. We are changing that by offering a full course on the specific needs of the family and how to work directly with them. Expand your market and your services. HIPPA, contracts and legal issues all covered.
We have scheduled the trainings on consecutive days so that you are able to enrol in both programs and complete the requirements in the same time frame. Additional discounts are available if registering for both programs at the same time.
- Nationally Certified Recovery Coach I (in-class & online) & II by self-study included
- Ethics by self-study included
- 2 Manuals (pdf), Bestselling Workbook copy (pdf) and Forms and Contracts (pdf)
- All exams and certifications
- 10 weeks of clinical supervision
- 36-hour program for recovery coaching
ITM has partnered with
The Addictions Academy to offer the Recovery Coach & Family Recovery Coach Certificates. The Addictions Academy has built a large network of certified addiction recovery coaches and are recognized as the global leader in addiction recovery coach training. Graduates are able to plug you into our vast, global network of coaches and therapists. They provide one of the most sought out recovery addiction training and certification programs.
Ready to become a Recovery Coach?
Both Programs Launch May 2020. Reserve your spot now!
Certified Recovery Coach 2 day LIVE or virtual classroom (10 hours)
Certified Recovery Coach II Self-study series (10 hours)
Ethics Class Self Study (6 hours)
10 weeks of call-in/online clinical supervision to hone your skills as a coach
All Manuals for courses
All 3 Exams
All 3 Credentials
Bonus: Private FB Graduate Group
Bonus: FB Networking Group
Bonus: Seals for social media, website, and marketing
Bonus: Directory Listing to gain clients
What You Will Learn
What You will learn:
- Coping Skills, Life Skills
- Professional Training and Coaching skills
- Active vs. Passive Listening Skills
- Accessing Community Supports
- Relapse Prevention
- Goal Setting
- Street Drugs and what they mean (most current up-to-date information)
- Defense Mechanisms
- Post-Acute Withdrawal techniques
- Legal and Ethical Issues
- Duties and Responsibilities
- DSM- 5 Terminology
- Mental Health Terminology
- Understanding Learning styles and Motivation to change
- Action Planning and Goal Setting
- Difference between Recovery Coaching, Therapy and Sponsorship
- Overcoming obstacles and barriers
Where Does A Recovery Coach Work?
Recovery Coaches can obtain jobs at treatment centers, private practice, advocacy boards, and more. Recovery Coaches are in high demand. As a Recovery Coach graduate, you are able to place your name in an addiction and recovery directory job board with the Addiction Academy for clients to find a recovery coach, a job board online and two great networking groups. We also have a mentorship mastermind group if you are going into private practice and want to learn how to set up a company, create an addiction recovery brand and how to market yourself for a full book of clients.
Private clients looking for an alternative to aftercare or a solid life solution that offers accountability and real-time life skills, coping skills and more. Treatment Centers hire recovery coaches, peer centers, advocacy boards and even shelters, sober livings and social work centers hire certified addiction recovery coaches.
What does a Recovery Coach do?
What exactly does a Recovery Coach do with their clients suffering from a drug and alcohol addiction? A Certified Professional Recovery Coach offers a form of strength-based support that includes intensive work within these areas: Accountability, Behavioral Change, Action Planning, Family Relationships, Coping Skills, Triggers, Purpose and Passion, Job and Career, Financial and more. The emphasis is on a client learning how to be productive and handle different aspects of life that may have been damaged by their addictions. As a Recovery Coaching Candidate in our program, you will learn all the tools necessary to become a Recovery Coach and walk away with over 45 exercises from our #1 Best Selling workbook to facilitate change within a short window.
Who should be a Recovery Coach?
Anyone that is looking for a great career to assist others in finding their purpose and passion in life, getting and staying sober is an ideal coach candidate. Also an ideal career for someone that is an advocate or in recovery and wants to assist others.
What does a Recovery Coach get paid?
In private practice, Recovery Coaches bill like a life coach and do not accept insurance. Hourly rates can run $100 and up, depending on where you are located and can even be more in major cities. Of course, you can always work pro bono or slide scale down to meet the demand of the area you are working in.
There is NO prerequisite to becoming a Recovery Coach, no need for a degree or any other training, as our certified coaching programs include everything you need to get your Certification as a Recovery Coach. A Professional Recovery Coach is NOT a counselor, a sponsor, or an advocate. A Professional Coach will charge for services and can work via phone, Skype or in-person with your clients. Our coaching certification programs include the coach training course online, virtual classroom, live in person or self-study platforms. Our certified coach training is all self-contained information you need you to get started in your career.
Our coaching training courses include essential life coaching skills, use of Motivational Interviewing and ICF Core Competencies as it relates to Recovery Coaching. Our Nationally Certified Recovery Coach Certification and Certified Coach Training Program follows the International Coach Federation (ICF) Guidelines and we adhere to the 11 Core Competencies of Coaching.
Certified Family Recovery Coach Video Series Course (8 hours)
- Relapse Prevention Course – Self Study
- Ethics Class Self Study (6 hours)
- 10 weeks of call-in/online clinical supervision to hone your skills as a coach
- All Manuals for courses
- All 3 Exams
- All 3 Credentials
- Bonus: Private FB Graduate Group
- Bonus: FB Networking Group
- Bonus: Seals for social media, website, and marketing
- Bonus: Directory Listing to gain clients
What You Will Learn
- The dynamics of the family system.
- Family roles and Claudia Black’s work within the family system.
- Defense Mechanisms of the family unit.
- Steps to solidify the family unit.
- Preparation for treatment of the addict or return from treatment.
- How to set boundaries and consequences with the loved one.
- Education of addiction and addictive behaviors within the family system.
- Spotting hidden blame, anger, and resentments and working through those.
- Pharmacology, types of drugs both legal and street will be discussed.
- Qualifying the family as a client.
What Is Included
This program touches on various addictions (drugs, gaming, gambling, sex, etc) and how to combat them as a team within the family unit.
A 36 Hour CEU Accredited Family Recovery Coach Certification and Training Program includes:
- Two-Day Immersion Live in-class/or online classroom experience for Certified Family Recovery Coach.
- Class runs 10-3 EST
- Exam follows. Manual included. If you can not attend a live class, we do offer a self-study option at your leisure.
- Relapse Prevention Training self-study class, with manual and exam.
- Ethics self-study component at your leisure with manual and exam. No time limit to complete this course (optional, but included in price).
- Clinical supervision every Tuesday from 10-11 EST for 10 weeks to hone your coaching skills (optional, but included in price). Call in via phone or access us via web platform face to face.
- Copy of #1 BESTSELLING WORKBOOK of activities.
Our comprehensive Professional Family Recovery Coach Certification and Training Program will teach you how to support the families and loved ones of clients that are suffering from a drug and alcohol addiction (other addictions as well). A Family Recovery Coach will educate the family on what addiction is and how it can destroy the entire family unit. A Certified Family Recovery Coach may assist with placement of the substance use disorder client but will mostly work on codependency and enabling issues of the family. An Action Based Family Recovery Coach will alleviate family concerns, assist in behavioral changes and accountability.
Ready to become a Family Recovery Coach?
Both Programs Launch May 2020. Reserve your spot now!
Ready to support individuals and families as a Recovery & Family Recovery Coach?
Both Programs Launch February 2020. Reserve your spot now and save!
We are thrilled to have André Viel, Recovery Coach & Trainer, and Author of Recovery Lifestyle, facilitate the recovery programs - in person and online. Additional Recovery Specialists will provide 10 weeks of online supervision.
André holds a University certificate in mental health and addiction from Ryerson University in Toronto. He is a certified recovery coach, family recovery coach and interventionist through The Addictions Academy. To add to his training, he has obtained a certification in mindfulness-based addiction recovery (MBAR) and he is an Acudetox Practitioner having completed a training with the National Acupuncture Detoxification Association (NADA). He is currently studying under a one year program for compassionate inquiry with Gabor Mate, a specialized training that helps uncover and recover from the root of trauma.
With his extensive experience, Andre is the trainer for the Addictions Academy in Canada. He shares his knowledge to certify coaches to help them become well-formed and strongly qualified interventionists serving the members of their communities to overcome addictions.